PmWeekly, June 19, 2017
June 19, 2017, at 07:00 PM (1 comments)
Update for PmWiki activity last week: Core, Documentation about upcoming PHP version 7.2 and the need to update some modules, i18n, 65+ recipes and skins updated or reviewed.
PmWiki entries at Wikipedia and WikiMatrix were updated.
Subversion changes to the core
Change log. You can get the latest, yet unpublished PmWiki code from Subversion or download as a ZIP archive.
- Update Wikipedia InterMap entry to secure https.
Custom markup: Important information for recipe authors and local customizations: the
Markup_e() function is deprecated and may not work as of PHP 7.2. New recipes should not use this function, but should pass a custom "function name" as a 4th argument to the
Markup() call. Existing recipes and customizations should be migrated to the other format. See Custom markup.
Update to the page PmWiki.UTF-8 about
ltr classes. Update PmWiki.Internationalizations with how to select a language based on the language of the visitor browser.
Update to the page PmWiki.Functions about the function Qualify, and added entry for
Update to the German translation. Added PmWikiEl.XLPageCookbook (Greek language interface for some recipes).
In the PITS: PmWiki Issue Tracking System (please comment, vote):
- 00932 Make UTF8 the default encoding (It is not trivial to enable UTF-8 on existing wikis.)
- 01410 SimplePageCounter version statement (Script file has different date than SimplePageCounter recipe page.)
- 01412 PmWiki.org integrated developer platform (Is GitHub better integrated than pmwiki.org for PmWiki development?)
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- Adapt Skin (A mobile-friendly skin that adapts to suit the display size.) by HaganFox : The logo logo views are brought up-to-date in demodviews script. (Also updated on pmwiki.org.)
- Amber (responsive mobile-friendly skin for all devices) by HansB : Added full RTL (right-to-left) language support (added skin-rtl.css). Added $EnableRTL variable, added MultiLanguageViews support to set
$HTMLTagAttrand switch to RTL if needed. Added
(:nochrome:)markup definitions. (Also updated on pmwiki.org.)
- B3 blog (Easy to install and use wiki blogging system) by Petko : Bugfixes; add default author name "Your Name", listing arguments
newpostform=2, hide comments for hidden posts.
- Captcha (Use captchas to prevent automated systems from modifying pages) by Petko : Add $EnableCaptchaImageDataURI, set to 1 to embed the picture directly into the page.
- SpamFilters (Automatic blocking of some spambots) by Petko : Added Backtick escape character to Summary filter.
Skins and recipes reviewed and/or updated and marked compatible with PHP 7.2
- ABCHoverIndex displays a pagelist as an alphabetic hover menu, sorted by title by HansB
- ActionMenu Drop-down menu to page actions (Edit, History, Attach...) instead of links. by Petko
- AddToWatchlist Add or remove a page from your watchlist trail with a single click by Petko
- Ape: Automagical PmWiki Embed Embed videos, maps, documents, and more in wiki pages by Petko
- AttachImageSize Generate width and height attributes for attached images by Petko
- AuthDNS Password-less authentication based on the visitor's IP address or (dynamic) hostname by Petko
- AutoPlay Unobtrusive embedding of video players from simple links by Petko
- AutoTOC Unobtrusive Automatic Table of Contents links by Petko
- B3 blog Easy to install and use wiki blogging system by Petko
- BackupHTMLZip Export your wiki to static HTML then optionally compress/zip it by Petko
- Blockquote-Cite-Quote Markup for Blockquote, Cite and Quote HTML tags by HansB
- BlogCalendar small calendar for blogs showing highlighted links to date-named blog pages by HansB
- Captcha Use captchas to prevent automated systems from modifying pages by Petko
- CleanUp Purge deleted pages and attachments from the server directories by Petko
- Delta Bytes in Recent Changes Display the number of bytes (characters) added or deleted to a page in RecentChanges. by Petko
- Do the Right Thing Link shortcuts to custom searches for your browser by Petko
- DotsInLinks How to enable dots in wiki links by Petko
- DragDropMultiUpload Allow authors to upload files by simply dropping them into the wiki page by Petko
- EditHelp Easier editing with automatic detection and insertion of some wiki markups by Petko
- EditTemplatesMenu Allow authors a choice among several pre-filled templates for new pages by Petko
- Embed OpenStreetMap Easy, lightweight and unobtrusive embedding of simple maps in wiki pages by Petko
- ExportHTMLWiki Create a wiki using static HTML pages as front end for visitors by HansB
- FixURL Encode special characters in link addresses by Petko
- FormsPlus Form extensions adding new HTML5 input types by HansB
- Fox Form processor to add, replace, copy, delete content plus upload files and send email notifications using templates and Input markup by HansB
- FoxDelete add delete links for deleting lines or sections with Fox by HansB
- FoxEdit add edit links for editing page sections and PTVs with Fox by HansB
- FreeMind Embed mind maps in PmWiki pages by Petko
- HtpasswdForm Form based management of users and passwords using
.htgroupfiles by Dfaure
- i19 Translator-oriented edit form, easing the internationalization (i18n) of a wiki by Petko
- ImageMap Directive to create image maps and image toolbars by Petko
- IncludeSection Include a section from the first available among a list of pages by Petko
- Limit Diffs per page Paginate the "diff" output (when viewing a page history, limit the number of displayed revisions at once) by Petko
- LinkCSSToolTip link markup with css popup tooltip text including styling, variables, includes, menus by HansB
- LinkTel Active telephone links in wiki pages by Petko
- LocalCSS Flexible CSS compilation from a wiki page by Petko
- LocalTimes Display RecentChanges and History timestamps in the local timezone of each visitor. by Petko
- Mini with Fancybox Fancybox jQuery slideshow for the Mini gallery by Petko
- Mini with Galleria Galleria carousel/slideshow for the Mini gallery by Petko
- Mini with Lightbox Lightbox slideshow for the Mini gallery by Petko
- MultiLanguageViews show language specific content and titles according to user choice by HansB
- NewGroupBox Input box to create new wiki groups from predefined template pages by
- NewGroupWarning Display a warning when a user is creating a page in a non-existing wiki group. by Petko
- NewPageBoxPlus Adds customisable box plus button form for page creation by HansB
- NotSavedWarning Warn authors when they move away from a page without saving it; optionally request an edit summary or an author name by Petko
- PageDiffSize Add an accurate count of characters added & removed to each edit summary by Petko (original author: Eemeli Aro)
- PageListMultiTargets Enable multiple pages and wildcards in PageList by Petko
- PreviewChanges Preview highlighted changes of the wiki markup by Petko
- Rating2 Even Simpler Page Rating Counter by Petko
- RecentChangesDeletion Allow authors to delete RecentChanges pages, there-by making it possible for authors to delete wiki groups. by Petko
- Recent Uploads Log List all uploaded files in RecentUploads pages by Petko
- ReverseHeadings Reverse !'s so that more !'s are larger headings by Petko (original author: Pm)
- SessionPageStore Temporary/Ephemeral page storage for testing purposes by Petko
- SiteDump creates a .tar.gz file of the complete site for download by bhoc
- SpamFilters Automatic blocking of some spambots by Petko
- SpeedOptimizations How to tune PmWiki and its environment for speed by Petko
- StarRater 5 star rating system by HansB
- TextExtract search, grep, and extract text from other pages or groups with search terms and regular expressions, using search form or markup expression. by HansB
- Toggle Adds links or buttons for toggling (hiding/showing) elements on a page by Said Achmiz
- TrackChanges Ways to more easily detect and verify all recent edits by Petko
- WatchLists Track the most recent changes to a list of pages by Petko
- 2016 skin Responsive skin very close to the default skin by Petko
- Amber responsive mobile-friendly skin for all devices by HansB
- Triad Highly configurable skin with 3-column layout with full-width header and footer by HansB
(total: 66 pages)
1 comments on "PmWeekly, June 19, 2017"
PmWiki functions PCCF() and PPRE() are also deprecated, besides Markup_e(), as they will not work with PHP 7.2. PPRE() was a simple way to migrate calls to preg_replace with /e parameter. PPRE() calls PCCF(), which in turn calls PHP's create_function, which is deprecated and no longer working as from PHP 7.2. Instead PPRE() one could use PHP's preg_replace_callback(), but passing on more than the $matches argument can be tricky. We can try to document this elsewhere.