Show highlighted changes of the wiki markup when previewing a modified page.
This feature has been integrated in the PmWiki core as of version 2.2.118. Please uninstall the recipe if you upgrade, and set in config.php:
While editing a page in "preview" mode, a diff block is shown before the rendered page output. The diff block contains, like a page history, highlighted differences between the saved version of the page and the currently edited text.
Installation, PmWiki 2.2.118 or newer
Add to config.php:
Installation, PmWiki 2.2.113 to 2.2.117
- Copy previewchanges.phpΔ to your pmwiki/cookbook directory.
- Add to config.php such a line:
No configuration is required. The recipe will use the same functions that create and display the page history.
While modifying a page, press the "Preview" button. Above the rendered page output you will see a block with highlighted differences between the versions.
- The recipe requires PmWiki version 2.2.13 or newer.
- An old version of the recipe InlineDiff is reported to conflict with PreviewChanges.
Change log / Release notes
- 20190820 : function included in the PmWiki core version 2.2.118.
- 20111019 : first public release, ready to be tested.
- Recipe written and maintained by Petko (5ko [snail] 5ko [period] fr).
- If this recipe helps you or saves you time, you can help support its continued development by ♥ .
See discussion at PreviewChanges-Talk
User notes +8: If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.