PmWeekly, June 10, 2017
June 10, 2017, at 04:57 PM (0 comments)
This post outlines the activity around PmWiki between June 1, and June 10, 2017, with changes to the Core, 3 new Cookbook recipes, updates to other recipes and discussions.
Subversion changes to the core
Change log. You can get the latest, yet unpublished PmWiki code from Subversion or download as a ZIP archive.
- A bug was fixed with Preview: didn't show changes due to
- As this bug was fixed, markup rules for previewing an author signature are no longer needed and were removed.
- A bug and a warning for PHP 4 installations were fixed.
Discussions about the PmWiki core
A thread about configuring a wiki for the secure HTTPS protocol.
In a conversation with Pm about keeping PHP 5.2 compatibility when PHP 7.2 will deprecate create_function, Pm prefers for the time being to keep the markup rules PHP 5.2 compatible: if we're still using this version, it is likely that other people are using it too. The deprecated function will not be immediately removed so it will still be possible to use it for a while after PHP 7.2.
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- B3 blog (Easy to install and use wiki blogging system) by Petko : Experimental. Announcement.
- AddDeleteLine3 (An easy way to add information to a page and delete it again.) by PeterKay : Probably works. Announcement.
- TextExtract (search, grep, and extract text from other pages or groups with search terms and regular expressions, using search form or markup expression.) by HansB : 4 new versions: added parameters "strict", "serial", "phrase" and "text", and a config variable $TERemoveMarkupPatterns; fixed bugs to recognize word boundaries for UTF-8 characters and to handle excluded terms (i.e. "-abc") correctly.
- Captcha (Use captchas to prevent automated systems from modifying pages) by Petko : Add default class=inputbox like other text fields; change rand with mt_rand.
- TextExtract-Talk (search, grep, and extract text from other pages or groups with search terms and regular expressions, using search form or markup expression.) by HansB : Discussion about indexing and finding international characters, including for right-to-left languages.