The PmWiki Issue Tracking System.
This is the recipe which helps us manage the PITS listings but can be used as a generic issue tracking system.
You can enable PITS in any WikiGroup.
The following markups are enabled:
- Display a form to allow a new issue to be entered into the system
- Display a list of issues according to various criteria; the PITS pages are scanned once and their attributes are cached, you can have more than one list in a page; new format of priority sorting
- Display a list of issues according to various criteria (older format)
(:pits2list:) is quite simple and pmwiki.org has some very good examples.
You can copy the source text from PITS.PITS (source) and PITS.NewIssue (source) and paste the contents to your own pages. Then select the different links on that main PITS page to other PITS pages and do the same modifying them to suit your purposes.
These examples are especially beneficial when utilizing
(:pits2list:) as it needs to have parameters passed to dispaly in specific manner(s).
This section can be further expanded.
You can change the following variables in your pmwiki/local/Group.php file
$EnablePITSAuth = 1;If enabled, the listings will respect any read permissions set in individual pages (slightly slower). If not enabled, the listings will display the summary, status and other fields of the entry, even if the visitor cannot open and read the page of the entry.
$PitsCategories = array('', 'Bug', 'Feature' => 'Feature/Change Request', 'Documentation', 'Cookbook', 'CoreCandidate','PHP Compatibility', 'Other');- to change the default categories
$AutoSuspendDaysInactive = 60;Mark pages as inactive if they haven't been edited for a number of days (default 180, about 6 months).
$PriorityMinVotes = 3;default: 4; the minimum number of votes that enables the entry to have a "priority" field calculated and used for sorting (used in
Change log / Release notes
- 20170704 - remove unneeded duplicate JS line, fix local variable definition.
- 20170628 - fix wrong issue number when a non-issue page starts with a number like 50RecentChanges (PITS:01415).
- 20170624a - fix comparison replacement scope.
- 20170623 - Update for compatibility with PHP 7.2. Align the Submit button with the other elements.
- 20140103 - Fix international characters in listings (PITS:01331).
- 20140101 - Update for compatibility with PHP 5.5.
- 20131129 - The recipe can now work in any group. Added $EnablePITSAuth.
The recipe has been in production usage on pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS for nearly 10 years.
- Pm is the author of the original recipe.
- Petko is the maintainer since 2009, and wrote the second half of the script with the new-style listings, priorities, and the internal cache.
See discussion at PITS-Talk