Questions answered by this recipe
How can I export events of an specific date from an existing wikicalendar?
How can I export all events of my whole wikicalender?
How can I import ical-files to my wiki?
Import/Export ical-files from/to a wikicalendar.
The script adds two action ("?action=fromics" and "?action=toics") to the wiki, which permit to import events from a given ical-file to a wikicalender or export events from a wikicalendar to a ics-file.
This script assumes that you have installed a calendarsolution for PmWiki (like PmCalendar, WikiCalendar or Logbook) using a separate WikiGroup und pagenames like "group/yyyymmdd"
- download handleical.phpΔ and copy it to your cookbook folder
- include it into your config.php using: "include_once("
- set the following parameter before including the Recipe in your config.php:
- $ICalCalendarGroup - the name of your wikilog group - default:"Calendar"
- $ICalTimeZone - the time zone the events belong to - default:"Europe/Berlin"
- $ICalFileName - the name of calendarfile - default:"PmWiki_Cal"
The recipe expects each calendar entry to be seperated by a horizontal rule and to use keywords ("Von:", "Bis:", "Wo:", "Beschreibung") for the single parts of the event.
!!!title of the first event Von: hh:mm
Beschreibung: ---- !!!title of the next event ...
To export events from your calender the scripts adds the action "?action=toics" to your wiki, which will create a file and store it in the Uploaddirectory of the calendargroup.
- to export the events of the shown page use "?action=toics" without any further parameter
- to export the events of a specific date use "?action=toics&date=yyyymmdd"
- to export all events of all pages in your wikicalender use "?action=toics&date=all"
To import events from an ical-file (.ics, RFC2445) use the action "?action=fromics", which will add all events from a previously uploaded file (with the name "events.ics") to your wikicalendar-pages. To import a specific file, use the "?action=fromics&file=filename" (without extension) to get all events from a ical-file named "filename.ics".
The whole recipe is mainly in German and the keywords are hardcoded at the moment, what will change in a following version.
- 2008-01-24 initial release
- 2009-10-03 minimal bug fixes (Von: / Bis: where exchanged)
- 2009-10-04 minimal bug fixes (limit the listpages()-function to the needed pages for events of the Calendar group only)
See discussion at HandleICal-Talk
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.