See also Fox-Talk
Fox is a PmWiki form processing extension, to process the input from form controls such as text boxes, drop-down select boxes, radio buttons and check boxes etc and create output using templates and the submitted text and content, which will be saved to the current page or other target pages, even to multiple pages or email notifications.
Read more (external link)
Fox Downloads (external link)
Installation (external link)
Full Documentation (external link)
Latest Version History
- 2017-12-04: small code improvements for template markup and for the way foxdelete links are constructed via templates.
- 2017-06-21: simpler code for callbacks in var replacements, needs PHP 5.4 minimum. A more complicated version (fox-pre54.php) is available for older pre PHP 5.4 systems.
- 2017-06-16: replaced Markup_e() calls with Markup() calls, and replaced RE() calls with preg_replace_callback() calls, both changes for PHP 7.2 compatibility.
- 2017-05-20: Major code update: Fox will process all foxactions for one target page in one go, with page being opened and saved just once, for speedier processing. Bugfix for foxtemplate parameter, which will now work without problems in foxadd and foxreplace markup directives, even with multiple markups targeted to same page. Current page set as default for foxaction='display'. Some internal variables and functions are renamed while revising the code for creating a page target list and processing the targets. Fixed bugs in input and template handling.
- Fox Delete - add delete links for deleting lines or sections with Fox
- Fox Edit - add edit links for editing page sections and PTVs with Fox
- Fox Notify - add email notifications and mailing capability to Fox forms
Example Applications (in the Cookbook)
Some example applications using Fox explained:
- Fox Comment Box - form to post comments
- Fox AuthUser Comment Box - comment form for use by logged in users, without granting them edit permission.
- Fox Contacts - create and maintain contact information pages. Data is stored as PTVs.
- Fox Forum - experimental forum package for both one thread per page and one page per post forums.
- Fox Blog - experimental very simple blog example
- Fox Page Management - forms for creating new pages, new groups and copying pages
- Fox PTV Convert - Display and convert hidden PTVs on multiple pages.
- Fox Text Replace - replace text strings on multiple pages
- Fox Voting - forms for creating a voting list and multi choice voting
- Fox Simple Todo List - form to create a simple todo list
- Shoutbox - instant cross-wiki communication for authors
- Fox Shoutbox Alternative - a slightly different shoutbox
- Fox Cat - structured category and cross-group linking
- Fox Calculator - simple calculator demonstrating the display foxaction
- Data Plates - creating forms for database access
- Mark Things Done - A Comprehensive Productivity System using Fox forms, PowerTools and PageLists