Summary: Support embedded line feeds, trim spaces and add prior patch (make first row a header)
Prerequisites: Install ExcelPaste recipe
Status: tested 2007/08/15
Questions answered by this recipe
What if an Excel cell contains embedded line feeds (line feeds pasted into Excel cells to create multiple text lines)?
This section is optional; use it to indicate the types of questions (if any) this recipe is intended to answer.
An enhancement to the tabtable php script catering for embedded line feeds, trim spaces, and make first row a header.
To implement the patch:
- Follow the instructions for implementing the Excel Paste recipe.
- Replace tabtable.php with the code from tabtable-2007-08-15.zipΔ.
- 2007/08/07, Version 1.01, Initial patch to prevent PmWiki syntax errors on line feeds embedded in cells.
- 2007/08/09, Version 1.02, tabtable-2007-08-09.zipΔ Support embedded line feeds, trim spaces and add prior patch (make first row a header)
- 2007/08/10, Version 1.03, tabtable-2007-08-10.zipΔ attempt to determine if first row is a header
- 2007/08/15, Version 1.04, tabtable-2007-08-15.zipΔ support embedded pipe | symbols
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
- 2007/08/09, support embedded line feeds, trim spaces and add prior patch (make first row a header)
- 2007/08/10, detect header row
- 2007/08/15, support embedded pipes |
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.