- Missing Pages
- Pages To Review
- Pages To Improve
- Pages To Rename
- Pages To Delete
- Pages To Add To The Distribution
- General Site Fixes
- When listing a page here, do provide a brief description of the page's purpose/problem.
- Either list the page here for others to create, or create a good starting stub.
- Create a place-holder page with no real content on it, it will get overlooked and frustrate people who come upon it.
- Good stubs provide enough information to be useful to someone landing on the page. If you feel the stub needs a review, move it to the Pages To Review list below.
- List any page here for which you would like someone else to review.
- MailingLists-draft? merge "etiquette" chapter with MailingLists and delete -draft!?
- Drafts (or move the information to other pages)
- EnablePublishAttr documentation is insufficient
- If you find the page nice and complete, simply remove it from this list.
- If you feel the page still needs a lot of work, move it to the Pages To Improve list below.
- WikiStyleExamples: Are references such as "...continues to use...", and version 2.0 truly accurate? I suggest rewrite/reword accordingly ---JohnHerbert
- SampleConfigFile - what is this page good for?
- UpgradeToSiteAdmin should it be kept "JFTR"?
- PmWiki101 "TBC", orphaned, unmaintained
- Users orphaned, unmaintained, little information
- Platforms slightly outdated, unmaintained, orphaned - who would find this page? Who needs it?
John Ranking might remove these pages when a new "basic" description is ready (see discussion in the mailing list 2009-02):
- EditGettingStarted Redundant (see EditQuickReference). Remove link from Cookbook/MarkupTricks when deleting page
- CharacterMarkup Redundant.
- LineMarkup Wrong title, redundant.
- If it seems obvious that this page needs to be deleted, go ahead, delete it. If you are not sure, ask on the mailing list or add your opinion here to help build a consensus.
Not all pages in the PmWiki group are bundled with the software. These are pages that are destinations of broken links in the distributed documentation.
- Referenced by PmWiki.Glossary and PmWiki.WikiFarms. Probably should be added.
- Referenced by PmWiki.WikiFarms. Probably should be converted to a recipe.
- Duplicate definitions on many pages for example ...
- An admirable undertaking on streamlining the documentation.
Has there been consideration for dealing with the many pages that exist duplicating definitions for functions, markups etc.? I sometimes find it almost impossible to search reliably for a defintion I know is in here, but can't find, or find info that I'm sure has been superceded on another page I've consulted previously.
Perhaps there could be a common category created that could be applied to such pages, where they could be grouped for review and deletion of the duplicate/obsolete content as required.
Ideally, there should ultimately only be one current, valid definition for each function/variable/markup etc. in a common location.
Not an overnight task, but an ongoing one for those who are interested. --Des May 11, 2006, at 07:02 PM
- Part of the problem lies with identifying the scope and purpose of the documentation. Documentation can be along the lines of dictionary and reference material or tutorials and how-to. Much of the documentation on PmWiki strives to serve the needs of a tutorial, but ends up having to carry the burden of also providing definitions along the way. My preference would be to separate the two by creating a separate body of reference material documenting every markup and function and freeing up the tutorial style documentation to provide examples and refer to the reference material for the (changing) definitions.
- An admirable undertaking on streamlining the documentation.
- Aside from the issue of duplicate definitions is the fact that there are functions and markups that have been added and identified (in ChangeLog) but are not defined in the distributed documentation. Those need to be added as well. Examples include (add to this list)
|PITS.00028||In Progress||replace URL with Attach||Turn PmWiki into a full-fledged blogging tool|
|PITS.00045||ToDo||Possibility to comment pages|
|PITS.00194||Suspended||use ||Code samples break numbered lists|
|PITS.00220||Discussion||added reference to PageHist recipe||Ability to view the wiki as-of a particular date (or tag)|
|PITS.00294||Suspended -- needs votes||Add rel attribs to wikitrail links|
|PITS.00319||Suspended||Add a page version/status attribute|
|PITS.00425||CoreCandidate, awaiting feedback / votes||vote (+1)||Words like DVDs and CDs are mistaken for WikiWord links|
|PITS.00477||Confirmed, ToDo||Indeed!||Reminding Pm to Document Functions . . .|
|PITS.00599||Open||Disabling direct downloads affects upload versioning: Old versions not downloadable|
|PITS.00717||Open||Creation of a visual map of links|
|PITS.00758||Open||searching predefined sections of pages|
|PITS.00979||Open||Cannot configure a proxy server||Cannot configure a proxy server|
|PITS.00995||Awaiting feedback||Awaiting feedback||Ampersands in links create wrong pages|
|PITS.01080||Open||+comment: not sure||Add default OpenSearch & Universal Edit Button support to PmWiki|
|PITS.01135||Open||added a couple references to wikish||Compare cookbook recipes|
|PITS.01137||Open||fix skins link||Key PmWiki Features on the front page|
|PITS.01173||Open||Moved back part of Talk page not belongs to this PITS||Add a configuration to disable/replace rendering of |
|PITS.01176||Open||bump||Suggesting to remove '!' as exclusion character|
|PITS.01187||Open||answer Petko||access keys 'ak_em' and 'ak_strong' don't work in Internet Explorer|
|PITS.01197||Open||allow simple, secure auto-register with email confirmation|
|PITS.01220||Discussion||clarifying||Group homepages not resolved correctly when group only supplied|
|PITS.01232||Open||"nested" keyword||AuthUser: groups included in other groups|
|PITS.01233||Open||note about licenses, xref to Maintenance page||Cleanup the Cookbook|
|PITS.01244||Open||bump||modify include to work as documented|
|PITS.01265||Confirmed||fixed link (-3)||New homepage and default skin ideas|
|PITS.01267||Open||clarification or original rpt.||Site.PageActions login/logout problem|
|PITS.01290||Open||skins||Pagelists to handle internal intermap links|
|PITS.01296||Open||Link brackets should not be removed when link has text|
|PITS.01299||Open||wording||Allow "Results of search" message to be disabled from searchresults directive|
|PITS.01301||Suspended||Suspended||Include statements are missing |
|PITS.01311||Open||Text of footnote fails to display on page.|
|PITS.01344||Open||add an alternative syntax suggestion, change example (+1009)||Add pagelist iterator|
|PITS.01364||Open||Have a separate page for PmForm templates.|
|PITS.01399||Open||Improved pre-configured Desktop Only bundle||Standalone Installation Error|
|PITS.01408||Open||added for 2.2.99||ROSPatterns not applied to Preview|
|PITS.01412||Discussion||word level diff highlighting||PmWiki.org integrated developer platform|
|PITS.01425||Open||noted time and result of last measurement||Improve the OOTB security of PmWiki|
|PITS.01429||Open||set ||UrlScheme building condition never match $_SERVER['HTTPS'] == 'on'|
|PITS.01430||Open||Troubleshooting||error after editing|
|PITS.01446||Open||reply: not so simple||New default InterMap prefixes|
|PITS.01447||Open||already in docs/sample-config.php||Feedback on new installation and suggestions|
|PITS.01451||Open||www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/older-releases/ (+704)||SimpleTables thead/tbody tags|
|PITS.01455||Open||link to the instructions you followed (+89)|
|PITS.01492||Open||I think I fixed these cases (+518)||Many documentation links need fixed|
addition and update of documentation
- Category /
- Authentication PmWiki allows other forms of user-based authentication besides its central data-based authentication system
- Cookbook /
- EditMore Provides desirable Site.EditForm additions for title, keywords, description, tags (categories), and notes (so far!). (Functional)
- EditTitle Provide a separate edit field for the page title. (Works for me)
- PmWiki /
- MarkupCharacters A list of special characters used in PmWiki markup
- SearchImprovements Search improvements discussion
- PmWikiDe /
- SearchImprovements Gedanken/Disskussion zur Verbesserung/Beschleunigung der Suche nach Stichwörtern
- PmWikiFr /
- PmWikiJa /
- Site /
- AllRecentChangesPerAuthor All pages changed by Author
- Test /
- DocumentationXref Cross reference from pages in the 2.2.0-beta31 distribution, starting with pages listed in "### Page locations" of XLPageTemplate