Questions answered by this recipe
Quick Page Table of Contents
How to add an automatic table of contents to a wiki page.
Quick Page Table of Contents as first presented to the user:
Quick Page Table of Contents after the user clicks on the bar:
Try it yourself here
- Download the attached file (quicktoc.zipΔ) to your PmWiki root directory (the one just above cookbook and pub directories). Unzip it. This should result in the following distribution: quicktoc.php in cookbook/; and arrowdown.gif, arrowright.gif, disc.gif, quicktoc.css, and quicktoc.js in pub/quicktoc/.
- Add the following line to your config.php file:
Add the directive
(:quicktoc:) to any wikipage that would benefit from a quick table of contents, usually at the top (the toc floats right).
Version 1.11 Third release, August 31, 2006. Repackaged the PmWiki way, much simplifying installation (thanks to Patrick Michaud for direction on this). Added default font size of 9pt.
Version 1.1 Second release, August 30, 2006: menu drops down over text, and is dismissed when clicked anywhere. Top level headings are bolded. TOC title includes "click to open" when closed, and "click to close" when open.
Version 1.0 First release, June 10, 2006
I installed quicktoc (Sept-06) in PmWiki2.1.26 and seem to have one anomaly. On this demo page, the dropdown appears as a one-line option with Quick Page Table of Contents followed by (Click to Open) in a box with a grey background.
On my wiki, the quicktoc function operates as expected, but the dropdown box appears on 2 lines. On the first line, the (Click to Open) option appears right justified on the upper line, with a white background, while the Quick Page Table of Contents appears on the lower line, left justifed and with a grey background.
Formatting is the same using Explorer or Firefox Des September 16, 2006, at 03:07 PM
- Just experimented and found a quick fix for myself. Added
clear:noneto the css for
h1#quicktocheadingbut this may not be the ideal fix. Des September 16, 2006, at 03:07 PM
- I changed in the file quicktoc.php and quicktoc.css "h1" to "h4" and all was fine! January 10, 2007, at 09:07 AM
Also, after comparing the operation on my test page http://www.secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/AABatteriesClyde with this page, I've also noticed that the vertical aligment of the header content differs AND this demo page does not display the right or down arrow in the header dropdown, but it does appear on my own page. Des September 16, 2006, at 03:14 PM
- Cookbook /
- AutoTOC Unobtrusive Automatic Table of Contents links (stable)
- HandyTableOfContents Handy Client-side Table of Contents (stable)
- NumberedHeaders Display numbered headers, indented paragraphs and table of contents (Stable)
- NumberedSections Add section numbers on a page (stable)
- PageTableOfContents Adds a clickable table of contents to a page (Stable)
- SlimTableOfContents Simple or Numbered Table of Contents, Compatible with SectionEdit Recipe (not working with php5.5)
- TableOfContentsPortion Inserts a portion of external table of contents into the page (Alpha)