Questions answered by this recipe
How do I get PmWiki to work using the IIS webserver?
The defaults work out of the box with PmWiki, and this method of installation is recommended.
- IIS 6 and 5.1: install Fast CGI using the Microsoft Web platform installer
- IIS 7.0 and 7.5: Fast CGI is bundled with IIS 7, enable Fast CGI
- install PHP using the Microsoft Web platform installer
Installing PmWiki under IIS.
Locate the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager (in Control Panel | Administrative Tools) and open it.
- select Web Sites > New > Web Site ...
Follow the wizard to set up the website, accept the defaults except as noted below
- provide a description
- specify the host header
- browse to the directory in which the pmwiki.php script resides
- select permissions Read and Execute
Start the website by right mouse clicking on the new website and selecting start
Ensure that pmwiki.php is set as a default document type by right mouse clicking on the Websites folder icon and selecting properties. Choose the Document tab and add pmwiki.php as a content page.
PmWiki writing permissions
- PmWiki requires write permissions to the
wiki.ddirectory to allow page editing.
- PmWiki requires write permissions to the uploads directory to allow attachments to be uploaded.
wiki.dyou have to
- allow IIS permission to anonymously write to
- set directory permissions on
wiki.dto allow the IIS user to write to it.
- from IIS
- choose properties for the wiki.d directory
- select the directory security tab
- edit the authentication and access control
- check the box that enables anonymous access
- from explorer or IIS
- from explorer choose properties for the wiki.d directory
- or from IIS choose permissions for the wiki.d directory
- select the security tab
- add the Internet Guest account
- give the internet guest account modify privileges
- You receive a "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" error message when you try to start a Web site in the Internet Information Services MMC snap-in
- check the registry for the ListenOnlyList key
- PmWiki Installation Obtaining and installing PmWiki
- InstallOnIIS10 Install PmWiki on Windows 10 and IIS 10
- InstallOnIIS7dot5plus Install PmWiki on IIS 7.5, 8, 8.5, 10, or newer
- InstallOnWindowsHomeServer Install PmWiki on Wondows Server 2003 or Windows Home Server and IIS6
- PHP PHP windows installation and configuration for PmWiki