Questions answered by this recipe
How do I get PmWiki to work using the IIS webserver?
The defaults work out of the box with PmWiki, and this method of installation is recommended.
Installing PmWiki under IIS.
Locate the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager (in Control Panel | Administrative Tools) and open it.
- select Web Sites > New > Web Site ...
Follow the wizard to set up the website, accept the defaults except as noted below
- provide a description
- specify the host header
- browse to the directory in which the pmwiki.php script resides
- select permissions Read and Execute
Start the website by right mouse clicking on the new website and selecting start
Ensure that pmwiki.php is set as a default document type by right mouse clicking on the Websites folder icon and selecting properties.
Choose the Document tab and add pmwiki.php as a content page.
PmWiki writing permissions
- PmWiki requires write permissions to the
wiki.d directory to allow page editing.
- PmWiki requires write permissions to the uploads directory to allow attachments to be uploaded.
To give PmWiki permission to write to
wiki.d you have to
- allow IIS permission to anonymously write to
- set directory permissions on
wiki.d to allow the IIS user to write to it.
- from IIS
- choose properties for the wiki.d directory
- select the directory security tab
- edit the authentication and access control
- check the box that enables anonymous access
- from explorer or IIS
- from explorer choose properties for the wiki.d directory
- or from IIS choose permissions for the wiki.d directory
- select the security tab
- add the Internet Guest account
- give the internet guest account modify privileges
User notes +1: If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.