Last Tested: Last tested with Word 2003
Questions answered by this recipe
Is it possible to convert a Word document to the PmWiki syntax?
This macro (Word2PmWiki_0.9.zip) will convert Word document to PmWiki syntax. It was adapted from Word2MediaWikiPlus. Thanks to Gunter Schmidt.
For now I have adapted everything needed to convert a simple word document. The macro will convert:
- Text format (bold, italic, colors (foreground and background), font size, strikethrough, subscript, superscript, underline)
- Hyperlinks (external & internal)
The code to convert tables is there but I haven't adapt it yet. I have not tested the option buttons thoroughly. You might also encounter a problem with Tables of content...
December, 20, 2006 - Version 0.9
- Fixed line
- Fixed numbered list
- Number list manual is now false by default
December, 18, 2006 - Version 0.8
- Fixed font size
December, 7, 2006 - Version 0.7
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
- WordPaste contains another macro which does some of the same things
- ConvertHTML might be another alternative, saving to HTML and then converting HTML -> PmWiki
- Doc2Pmwiki for Linux and without formatting
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.