Questions answered by this recipe
- How can I set a favicon without changing my skin?
- How can I put an icon into the browser?
This section is optional; use it to indicate the types of questions (if any) this recipe is intended to answer.
This makes is easy to set an icon in you config.php file. Just set the variable $FavIcon. This is handy in a farm environment. You can use the include just one in the farmconfig.php file and then in each wiki's local config.php just set the variable $FavIcon. If you set the variable $FavIcon in the farmconfig.php and not in the local wiki's config.php then the local wiki will have a default website icon.
$FavIcon = 'http://gnuzoo.org/momentum/pub/note.ico';
On a farm you might put
Copy WebsiteIcon.phpΔ to your cookbook directory
In your config.php enter:
or in your farmconfig.php enter:
This program is free software.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation
http://www.fsf.org either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Version: 1.1 Put the variable $FavIcon in single quotes so it is processed after config files
- Version: 1.0 Initial Release
- Cookbook /
- ExternalLinksFavicons Display favicons before links to external websites (Beta)
- Favicon Add a Favicon to your website (Mature)
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.