Questions answered by this recipe
- How can I prevent spambots from editing my wiki?
- How can I prevent spambots from using my mailform to send me spam?
Uses captchas to protect certain actions from spambots This recipe is an adaption of the captcha-class by Andreas John  to PmWiki. Download pmwiki-captcha.tar.gzΔ (or pmwiki-captcha.zipΔ) and unpack it into your PmWiki-Directory.
To activate the recipe
- add the line
- add a line
CaptchaAction('any_action')to config.php to redirect PmWiki-actions to the captcha class.
to display a captcha before sending the mail.
- You can use
CaptchaAction('edit')to display a captcha before every edit-action. At the moment there is no way to display the captcha only when posting the edited page.
- The status of this recipe is pre-alpha. It is far from being well-tested and it is certainly not very sophisticated. It is merely a base of discussion. Further input is welcome. My time is still limited at the moment: If anyone wants to take over maintaining this recipe...
- It can be used to protect the mailform. This seems to work.
-  http://www.jtr.de/scripting/php/classes/captcha/index.html
- Cookbook:Captcha Use captchas to prevent automated systems from modifying pages
See discussion at Captchas-Talk