Questions answered by this recipe
- How can I prevent spambots from editing my wiki?
- How can I prevent spambots from using my mailform to send me spam?
Uses captchas to protect certain actions from spambots This recipe is an adaption of the captcha-class by Andreas John  to PmWiki. Download pmwiki-captcha.tar.gzΔ (or pmwiki-captcha.zipΔ) and unpack it into your PmWiki-Directory.
To activate the recipe
- add the line
- add a line
CaptchaAction('any_action')to config.php to redirect PmWiki-actions to the captcha class.
to display a captcha before sending the mail.
- You can use
CaptchaAction('edit')to display a captcha before every edit-action. At the moment there is no way to display the captcha only when posting the edited page.
- The status of this recipe is pre-alpha. It is far from being well-tested and it is certainly not very sophisticated. It is merely a base of discussion. Further input is welcome. My time is still limited at the moment: If anyone wants to take over maintaining this recipe...
- It can be used to protect the mailform. This seems to work.
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
-  http://www.jtr.de/scripting/php/classes/captcha/index.html
- Cookbook:Captcha Use captchas to prevent automated systems from modifying pages
See discussion at Captchas-Talk