Questions answered by this recipe
All sections are optional, you can remove those that do not apply to your recipe, and add new ones.
This version fixes several problems:
- non-standard and weak (only 128bit) key derivation function replaced with SHA-256
- doesn't require
- disabled decrypting of already decrypted text
- "Encrypt selection" mode
- alternative implementation available - see Java testing application
- padding plaintext with spaces to conceal exact length of input data (e.q. password)
Download Attach:aescrypt-2016-01-14.zipΔ and extract it to pmwiki.
local/config.php add line:
- aes, sha256, sha256_dup (default)
- starting token for ciphertext
- closing token for ciphertext
- size of padding block
- affects rendering of Encrypt button (do not modify it after including aescrypt.php)
Default settings are not compatible with aescrypt-0.1?. To replace aescrypt-0.1 without losing already encrypted data use this code:
$AesCryptKDF='aes'; $AesCryptCipherToken='(:aescrypted:) [='; $AesCryptEndToken='=]'; require_once("$FarmD/cookbook/aescrypt.php");
When editing page select text to be encrypted. Then press encrypt button in toolbar above textarea. Popup dialog for entering password will appear. After submitting password your page should contain in appropriate place something like this:
(:aes 5QN7Th0dHR2LVA/UjXTDWQ :)
- Windows (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome)
- Linux (Firefox, Opera, Chromium)
- Android (Opera Mini 7.5 !!! This browser sends password to Opera servers !!!)
Java testing application
Build application using Maven:
Use following command to start command-line interface:
java -jar JavaAesCryptTest-jar-with-dependencies.jar
Change log / Release notes
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
- git repo
See discussion at AesCrypt-1-Talk?
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.