How can I easily use PmWiki to bookmark pages I find on the web?
[[link text -> url]]. The server-side code is compatible with bookmarks of version 1.
# Add links to the bottom instead of the top? SDV($EnableAddLinkToEnd,0); # What text should be added immediate before and after each new link? # The default is a newline before and after. SDV($AddLinkPrefixText,"\n"); SDV($AddLinkSuffixText,"\n");
Just incase you want new links to be prefixed with "**NEW!!!**", for instance. I was thinking about adding a feature for sending new links to a specific anchor if anyone is interested in that. Let me know. MikeShanley
PmWiki is an excellent tool for maintaining lists of links on the web, but there are too many steps (find the page, copy the URL of the page you wish to save, open the wiki page to edit, paste the URL into the wiki page, hit save).
With the addlink.php script, you can simply click on a link (bookmarked within your browser) to quickly add the URL of the currently viewed page into a wiki page.
2. Browse to the wiki page on which you would like to save links, and place the markup
(:addlink:) into that page.
(:addlink:) markup will become a link that says +=pagename . Bookmark that link in your browser.
4. Now, you can surf the web, and when you find something you want to save in the wiki page, click the bookmark page. You'll instantly be transported to the wiki page with the
(:addlink:) markup in it, and the URL of the page you were viewing is automatically added at the top and ready for you to annotate or edit.
- Test.AddLinkBookmarklet for a demonstration
- CMSBundle#addlink - A variant with some significant differences.
- Bookmarklet display bookmarklet links on a PMWiki page.
- 2.0.1 update available.
- some time
- Support for entering a link name in a dialog box (addlink2.phpΔ)Nils Knappmeier
- Bugfix (addslashes before HandleEdit) Nils Knappmeier
- Bugfix (ugly workaround that sets
$action='edit'in order for the EditForm to be loaded correctly. (addlink2.php only)
- Nils Knappmeier -- original concept
- MikeShanley -- a few more improvements
- Christian Ridderström -- improvements to original concept
- Pm -- conversion for PmWiki 2 (2004-11-30)
See discussion at AddLinkBookmarklet-Talk