How to create ZAPForum
The instructions below will give you a nice threaded forum with controlled access.
More importantly it illustrates some of the principles involved with using ZAP.
There are many ways to modify this recipe. Thank you Jiri for sharing this fine tutorial! Caveman
- How to create PmWiki forum with controlled access using ZAP recipe
Follow the step by step instructions below.
- PmWiki 2.2.0 beta15 (tested) or higher http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Download
- ZAP recipes (download from http://www.zapsite.org )
- module zap.php (minimal version Jan 1, 2007)
- module zapfiles.php (minimal version Jan 1, 2007)
- New version using ZAP modules version Jan 1, 2007
- There are two basic pages containing forms in Forms group.
These pages are shared in all ZAPforums created according to this recipe in the site.
Step 1 - Chose the forum name
Chose the forum name (for example ForumExample - this name is used in following text).
Following steps will create
- PmWiki group named ForumExample
- ForumExample.ForumExample will be the forum home page
- ForumExample.GroupFooter will be the forum group footer
- ForumExample.xxxx will be the threads home pages (xxxx is the thread id number)
- ForumExample.xxxxCtttttttttt will be the "comment" (contributions) pages. (tttttttttt is a timestamp)
Step 2 - Create forum home page
- Create and edit ForumExample.ForumExample page
- Enter any text explaining what is the purpose of the forum
- Append following snippet
Replace ForumExample strings with the forum name and adjust the title
accordingly in the snippet.
This page displays "New thread" button and a list of existing threads.
The page is reloaded and displays the "New thread form" when "New thread" button is used.
Step 3 - Create forum group footer page
- Create and edit ForumExample.GroupFooter page
- Enter any text you wish
- Append following snippet
Step 4 - maintain security
and set passwords
- Read to @nopass or to @someusersgroup
- Edit to @admins
- Set ZAP forms password to enable submitting the posts
(to restrict to loggedin users only set id:*)
Use steps 1 - 4 to create any forum (i.e. ForumFilms, Trobleshooting etc.)
Following steps create 2 pages in Forms group and an optional PmWikiLc.XLPageLocal page for I18n.
Step 5 - Create Forms.ForumAddThread page
Step 6 - Create Forms.ForumContents page
There is the RSS feed icon in the begining - remove the right aligned block
if you don't wish the icon.
I used Pic:/feed.gif - this works if you have
defined "Pic" in the Site.InterMap
Step 7 - Create PmWikiLc.XLPageLocal (optional)
to display text constans in proper language.
Included snippet is PmWikiLc.XLPageLocal template.
*Make translations and save with proper name
(ie German page should be PmWikiDe.XLPageLocal)
XLPage('lc','PmWikiLc.XLPageLocal'); # my local translations
to your local config.php - replace "lc" and "Lc" properly ie:
XLPage('de','PmWikiDe.XLPageLocal'); # my local German translations
If no local translation is present, the default language is English.
:: Expiration Notice
It Seems to be that http://www.zapsite.org resgistration has expired. E. Marte Dic-17-2007