Questions answered by this recipe
How can people generate EPUB format e-books from pmwiki?
All sections are optional, you can remove those that do not apply to your recipe, and add new ones.
Assemble the pages on a wiki trail into an ebook.
Since this is a beta release that adds a lot of code, some of which may clash with other recipes, the recipe author strongly advises those using the recipe to test it on a fresh pmwiki installation first. The included file sample-wp-config.php can be used as a local/config.php file. It will ensure the right scripts are loaded.
Uploads must be enabled and tested. When the recipe generates an EPUB (essentially a zip archive), it stores the archive in the uploads directory for the current group. If pmwiki cannot create the necessary directories, it will report an error and the recipe will not produce an EPUB.
Add (:epub:) to a wiki trail page and save. Users will see a button labelled "EPUB" which, when pressed, will turn the pages on the trail into an e-book in EPUB format. A link to the e-book will be displayed next to the button, along with the date and time the file was generated. Pressing the button again will over-write the file (the date and time display is updated).
For Firefox users, there is an EPUBReader add-on which adds EPUB browsing capability to the web browser.
Change log / Release notes
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
Other recipes providing static HTML or PDF exports:
- Cookbook /
- BackupHTMLZip Export your wiki to static HTML then optionally compress/zip it (Experimental)
- EPUBCreation Assembles wiki page collections into an EPUB e-book file (EPUB output is ready for beta testing)
- ExportHTML Export PmWiki pages as "static" HTML pages
- ExportHTMLWiki Create a wiki using static HTML pages as front end for visitors (stable)
- GeneratePDF Generate PDF versions of pages (?action=pdf) (Stable)
- PmWiki2PDF-v2 Generate a PDF (Stable)
- PrintGroup Export WikiGroup pages to one large HTML file, and/or to PDF (Experimental)
- PublishPDF Typesets wiki page collections into PDF (finalist: New Zealand open source awards 2008) (Stable, reliable and substantially complete, php 5.5 compliant)
- PublishWikiTrail Provide the ability to publish the pages of a wiki trail as a single web page, formatted for printing
- WikiConversion Recipes for converting other wikis from and to PmWiki
See discussion at EPUBCreation-Talk