If you use or used the TotalCounter recipe, you can add yourself in the list below. These statistics may help newcomers to select recipes for their wikis. Both (+) positive and (-) negative short comments are welcome. For longer comments or questions please use the TotalCounter-Talk page.
You can edit this page and add your name.
- (+) Useful. Have not had problems. Massimiliano Vessi April 24, 2010, at 06:21 AM
- (+) Useful. Have not had problems. Scott Connard January 31, 2010, at 06:21 AM
- (+) Excellent, easy way to get basic site statistics. DaveG
- (-) An excellent source of site stats. Unfortunately I have been plagued with site lockups which trace themselves back to this recipe. I delete the historical stats, problems go away, and then a few weeks later it happens again. This has happened through several versions. For this reason I cannot recommend. Peter Bowers January 31, 2010, at 07:58 AM
- (+) Contributed to 1.9.4, use on several websites simon October 28, 2014, at 07:25 PM
- (-) Used this a while ago. The numbers were fun, but it had various problems mentioned in its page. --Rogutės, 2010-02-15
- (+) I have a working version and I'm happy with it. Matthias Günther February 21, 2010, at 03:37 PM
- (-) No help available for this recipe. Works for me in its simplest setup, but not if page count is wanted to be shown not on main part of page but e.g. in footer. ~HaraldC 2010-03-08
- (-) Used it, liked it, would still be using it if it hadn't stopped working. Went back to SimplePageCounter. --Henning August 08, 2012, at 09:02 AM
- (+) As far as I can see, if you're ready and willing to download the totalcounter STAT file, then you can edit it, removing all the pages that aren't really necessary to count. That way, you can keep the file way below the 60 or 100 kilobytes that slow the page and even the entire site. As for errors, with PmWiki an error log is a must. There are a lot of recipes that generate non-fatal errors, and don't even slow the page down. These must be logged onto an error log. You may create it with this kit. http://coll-org-source.us/all-categories/Htaccess/scripts/error-log.zip You won't regret it. My most visited page: http://coll-org-source.us/0-one/pmwiki.php?n=Category.PageLoadingSpeed Speed up your sites and scriptwork with this code. Jagtig June 8, 2013
- (+) On a couple of occasions, I've had problems with the counter resetting, but apart from that, it works just fine. Tom Trelogan January 05, 2014, at 10:29 AM
PLEASE PUT YOUR ENTRY DIRECTLY *ABOVE* THE [#usersend] LINE. The format should be: asterisk, either + or - in parentheses, comment, your name or profile link For example (obviously without the at the beginning): * (+) comment-text name?