Mini with Ultralightbox
This recipe enables Ultralightbox for Mini. Ultralightbox is a slideshow similar to Lightbox, but it is built with the "Unverse.js" library instead of "Prototype".
Ultralightbox is minimalist and extremely lightweight. Compared to Lightbox (232kB) and Fancybox (175kB), the full Ultralightbox is only 7kB (25-33 times smaller). Yet it has the basic features of Lightbox: slideshow sets, animated transitions, mouse and keyboard navigation, downsizing large pictures to fit to the screen.
You need a working Mini installation. This recipe is a plugin for Mini.
- Copy mini-ultralightbox.php to your pmwiki/cookbook directory.
- Copy the folder ultralightbox to your pmwiki/pub directory.
- Add to local/config.php such a line:
The recipe has the following parameters in config.php:
$Mini['EnableLightbox'] = 2;this variable works the same way as with Lightbox, can be 1, 2 or 3, see Mini.
The following variables can be set in config.php in order to override the default ones from mini-ultralightbox.php:
if you want to modify the appearance styles of the ultralightboxes.
$HTMLStylesFmt['uv_mini'] = "your CSS";
The keyboard navigation accepts the following keys:
[right arrow]: display the next picture from the set
[left arrow]: display the previous picture from the set
[ESC]: close the lightbox
The recipe requires PmWiki version 2.2.17 or newer.
Ultralightbox is loaded only if the page has a Mini gallery, and if the variable EnableLightbox is 1, 2 or 3. If you use other Unverse plugins, you may want to call the Unverse library in config.php with
$HTMLHeaderFmt and not call it from Mini, change
$Mini['ULB'] like the example above.
Change log / Release notes
- 20110816 minor changes to the user interface buttons, styles and transitions of the slides.
- 20110813 first public release.
- Mini Simple, lightweight, un-bloated thumbnail and gallery generator
- Mini with Lightbox Lightbox slideshow for the Mini gallery
- Mini with Fancybox Fancybox jQuery slideshow for the Mini gallery