Summary: Issue Tracking System
Status: tested with
- PmWiki 2.2.0-beta44, 45, PmWiki 2.2.17
- ZAP: Apr 17, 2007, May 10 2007
- ZAPtoolbox: Apr 17, 2007, May 10 2007
Questions answered by this recipe
Issue Tracking System
Issue Tracking System
- Easy to install
- If AuthUser and ZAP enabled, no /cookbook files, no /local/config.php customization required.
- multiple issue tracking systems in the site (e.g. CoreModules,Addons, Bundles, ...)
- all tracking systems use only a few shared standard PmWiki pages placed in the JITS wikigroup.
- The issues lists can be filtered and sorted on several issue properties.
- The optional customisation is provided by per-<Group> configuration pages.
- The posts (issues and comments) can be re-edited by the original author or the user with Edit authorization.
- The user with the @admins rights can process batch deleting selected issues including their comments.
- Backward-compatible with pages created with previous JITS releases.
Read more at JITS-Talk-Tutorial
Try the live demo at http://www.revida.sk/wiki/index.php/Test/JitTests
(The icons are not a part of the default distributon; see JITS-Talk-Tutorial#Icons)
Notes for Upgrade:
- PmWiki 2.2.0-beta44 or higher and ZAP and ZAPtoolbox ver.Apr 17, 2007 or higher must be installed
- There is no need to change pages created with previous JITS versions
1. download and unzip JITS20070515.zipΔ into wiki.d/ folder;
you should have the following pages:
- JITS.JITSsnip - the main source
- JITS.JITSPgLstS - the standard source controlling the filters form and pagelists
- JITS.JITSPgLst - the customisable source controlling the pagelists
- JITS.JITScfgS - the source controlling the basic values of the forms selectboxes
- JITS.JITScfg - the customisable source controlling the values of the forms selectboxes
- JITS.JITSTutorial - this tutorial (continue reading this tutorial from your site)
- JITS.JITSadmin - the administrator's page
2. Create some training JITS e.g. MyJITS in the Test wikigroup
Repeat this step (2) to create further JITS (e.g.
3. Maintain the security of the JITS groups against edits by unauthorized users -- especially the JITS/JITSadmin page, which enables mass deletion of issues and comments.
- fixed displaying the snippet source instead of the form for filtering the issues
20070418 This version will not work with lower versions of PmWiki or ZAP
- Adapted to PmWiki v.pmwiki-2.2.0-beta44
- Adapted to ZAP and ZAPtoolbox modules version Apr 17, 2007
- "Cancel" links replaced with [Cancel] buttons
- Comments pagelist
- another [Add comment] button at the bottom of the list
- fixed link to the top of the page
- "Filtered and ordered Issues PageList" changed to "...Issues Pagelist"
- Fixed - showing the [Admin's tasks] button to unauthorized users
- Thanks to the Other Michael
- Author's name displays as the link
- Fixed - date formats to
- Added the "Cancel editing" link when re-editing the issue
- The "Edit" link centered and moved below the Content when the issue displayed
- The [Accomplish] button label changed to [Filter&Sort]
- Select boxes for Type and Project enabled when the issue is re-edited
- "Pre-defined pagelists" tip in the Tutorial - Tips section
- administrator's page JITS/JITSadmin added. Enables the batch issues deleting including their comments.
The page is accessible to @admins group only.
- comments editing enabled (suggested by Dean Staub)
- saved issues and comments are editable by the original author and the user having edit authorization only.
- adjusted for using the ZAP modules ver 2007-03!
- to submit/change the issue or to add the comment the user must be loggedin with AuthUser
- fixed pagetextvariables references to be relative regardless of $EnableRelativePageLinks and
$EnableRelativePageVars settings (thanks to hfwang).
- Shared pages are moved from Forms wikigroup to JITS wikigroup.
- Configuration page is split to JITS.JITScfg and JITS.JITScfgS to make the customisation easier.
To customise a wikigroup copy JITS.JITScfg into <Group>.JITScfg and add or remove the InputSelect options.
- To customise the issues pagelist the JITS.JITSPgLst is to be copied into <Group>.JITSPgLst and the customisation is provided in <Group>.JITSPgLst.
- JITS engine uses <Group>.JITScfg and <Group>.JITSPgLst preferably if the pages exist.
20070118 - tested initial version
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
See Discussion at JITS-Talk
- filtering values are stored and retrieved in the main JITS page;
it can cause an inconvenience when other visitor changes the settings in the same moment.
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.