Summary: Provide a simple forum
Prerequisites: Requires at least PmWiki version: 2.x beta; last tested on PmWiki version: 2.23 beta
Note: to edit this page, please enter the word wiki when prompted for a password.
Provide a simple forum to allow visitors to start a new topic and subsequent visitors to reply to a topic.
- Download and put forum.php in the cookbook folder.
- Add include_once('cookbook/forum.php'); in your local/config.php file;
- Make a home page for the forum (e.g., Forum.HomePage) and include the directive (:$Forum:) someplace on the forum home page.
- A different solution: SimpleForum
- The principal limitation of this recipe, tweaking and installation-specific bugs aside, is that there is no way to become aware of any replies to existing threads, other than by visual inspection; i.e. replies do not increment any RecentChanges.
This was originally written by Zet (http://www.cube3d.de) for PmWiki v1 and kindly updated for PmWiki 2.x beta by Patrick Ogay at my request. I take zero credit for this addon and am only posting it here at Radu's request because Patrick seems to be busy.
The version posted above has been slightly modified from Patrick's version by:
- Changing the first line to <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit(); (per the recommendation in the Module Guidelines).
- Commenting out the calls to TestLog (which caused errors).
- Certain minor stylistic changes.
See discussion at Forum-Talk