Summary: how to improve the speed of searches and categories on large sites with slow machines
Version: 1.3 - 2006-8-18
Prerequisites: Last tested on PmWiki version: 2.1.14
How can I improve the speed of searches and categories on large sites with slow machines?
- Be sure to have find and grep in your Path
How do you find out if find and grep are in the path?
- Put grepsearch.phpΔ in your cookbook/directory.
- Add the following line to local/config.php:
- Edit the pagelist.php script and comment out the MakePageList function (it is redefined in the grepsearch.php script)
- This recipe was last tested on PmWiki version: 2.1.14
2006-8-18 : FastSearch - version 1.3
- Upgraded to work with pmwiki 2.1.14
2005-12-02 : FastSearch - version 1.2
- Fixed potential security bug with user input.
2005-11-02 : FastSearch - version 1.1
- Properly skips hidden subdirs.
- Works if wiki.d is a link.
2005-11-02 : FastSearch - version 1.0
See discussion at FastSearch-Talk
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.