Questions answered by this recipe
Which files can I delete from PmWiki to make it smaller. I know it doesn't take much space but I would like it to take a little less ;)
Instructions to remove some PmWiki installation files to reduce the PmWiki footprint.
You can safely remove
- the PmWiki.* files from the wikilib.d/ folder, this will save a lot of space (approx 804KB)
- the Main.* files from the wikilib.d/ folder
Be sure to keep all of the Site.* files there, however.
You can also remove the docs/ folder (48KB).
Together, these two items bring the installed size down to 636KB. If you want an even smaller footprint:
- if you're not using the GUIEdit buttons, you can remove the pub/guiedit/ folder (124KB) and scripts/guiedit.php (3KB)
- if you're not doing RSS feeds, you can remove scripts/feeds.php (18KB)
- if you don't need utf-8 support, you can remove xlpage-utf-8.php (14KB)
You can remove
- scripts/transition.php (9KB)
- scripts/compat1x.php (8KB)
- scripts/authuser.php (7KB)
- scripts/notify.php (7KB)
That gets PmWiki down to 436KB. After that we're removing really small items:
- scripts/urlapprove.php (5KB)
- scripts/mailposts.php (4KB) # this shouldn't be here anyway
- scripts/wikiwords.php (2KB)
- scripts/creole.php (2KB)
- scripts/httpauth.php (2KB)
With all of the above removed, thanks 408KB. Removing anything else after this is rapidly reaching a point of diminishing returns. :-)
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
Question from Sergio, response from PM
User notes? : If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.