Questions answered by this recipe
- How to show HTML5 Video?
- How to show OGG Video?
- How to show MP4 Video?
This section is optional; use it to indicate the types of questions (if any) this recipe is intended to answer.
This recipe makes it easy to add HTML5 Video.
It will first try to play ogg, then mp4. If the browser does not support HTML5 video it will display "Your browser does not support HTML5 video.".
Actual filenames should end with lowercase ".ogv" for ogg, ".mp4" for mp4.
(:html5video filename=gilligans2v1 poster=gilligan width=480 height=270:)
- filename - first part of file - so if the file was gilligans2v1.ogg it would be "gilligans2v1"
- poster - optional - an image to be displayed before the video begins
- width - optional - custom width
- height - optional - custom height
- id - optional - required to set initial volume control
- volume - optional - sets initial volume control -requires unique 'id' to adjust - values from 0 to 1
Copy HTML5Video.phpΔ to your cookbook directory
In your config.php enter:
or in your farmconfig.php enter:
The default directory to contain poster images and videos is "\uploads\". To change the default directory set a variable in your config.php file like this:
$HTML5ImageDir = 'http://yourdomain.org/hot/images/';
$HTML5VideoDir = 'http://yourdomain.org/hot/videos/';
This program is free software.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation
http://www.fsf.org either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.
- Version: 20200130 - abandon PHP 5 - eliminate webm video, adjust for PHP7
- Version: 20151004 - Fix error message
- Version: 20150815 - Remove hardcode path in poster variable + add php5.5 support
- Version: 1.1 - Change some text, remove extraneous line of code.
- Version: 1.0 - Initial release
If the recipe has multiple releases, then release notes can be placed here. Note that it's often easier for people to work with "release dates" instead of "version numbers".
See discussion at HTML5Video-Talk
User notes +4: If you use, used or reviewed this recipe, you can add your name. These statistics appear in the Cookbook listings and will help newcomers browsing through the wiki.