PmWeekly, June 26, 2017
June 26, 2017, at 07:00 AM (1 comments)
Update for PmWiki activity 20-26 June 2017: New release 2.2.99, documentation around core functions, variables and sections, internationalization, 20+ recipes and skins updated or reviewed.
This version fixes a bug where an incomplete text variable without a closing parenthesis like "
(:Var:Value" could hide the remaining of the page.
A bug was fixed where previewing a page didn't show changes to be done by replace-on-save patterns (the function ReplaceOnSave was refactored). Markup rules for previewing author signatures are no longer needed and were removed. Note that if you had custom markup rules processed before or after the
~~~~ author signatures may need to be set to
'<[[~' (second argument of the
A bug and a warning for PHP 4 installations were fixed. Two minor bugs with the
[[<<]] line break for the responsive skin and the
$Version variable link in the documentation were fixed.
The InterMap prefix to Wikipedia was corrected to use the secure HTTPS protocol and the documentation was updated.
In the PITS: PmWiki Issue Tracking System (please comment, vote):
- (Discussed in 01413) The PITS.NewIssue page now reminds the latest PmWiki version number in case the person reports a different version.
- (Discussed in 01412) The GroupHeader of the PITS group was configured to display the ticket summaries as a titles in order to remain visible in browser histories. This is experimental, if a summary contains markup, it may not work (please report or fix as needed) and plus-links like
[[01234|+]]may not display the summary.
- 01413 Custom PageStore receives requests for file system paths (How to test if a string looks like a page name. How a custom PageStore class should consider pagenames.)
- 01411 Explain Qualify() in PmWiki.Functions (The function and variables were documented.)
- 01300 Incomplete definition of page text variable halts the rendering (What should PmWiki do when something starts like a text variable but doesn't end? Tentatively closed for 2.2.99.)
- 01214 Document a "recommended" way to use core functions from config files (Please use $PostConfig functions or scripts.)
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- B3 blog (Easy to install and use wiki blogging system) by Petko : Increase opacity for hidden posts to from 50% to 70%. Add XL message "b3msg_draft" if the post is not yet published, and hide the post from non-editors. Validate Captcha tag (Captcha version 20170623 or newer recommended). Fix RSS server headers. Improve change summary for comments.
- Captcha (Use captchas to prevent automated systems from modifying pages) by Petko : Validate HTML for Captcha image, add $CaptchaImageCSS.
- Fox (Form processor to add, replace, copy, delete content plus upload files and send email notifications using templates and Input markup) by HansB : Simpler code for callbacks in var replacements, needs PHP 5.4 minimum. A more complicated version (fox-pre54.php) is available for older pre PHP 5.4 systems.
- ISO8859MakePageNamePatterns (ISO 8859 character conversion for url page names; strip accents etc. from characters for easier readable page names) by HansB : Added section about alternative for hyphenated page names.
- Router-Talk (Router allows a website's url structure to be different from PmWiki's group/page structure.) by CarlosAB : released an updated version. Announcement.
- The recipe LocalCSS is now enabled on the Test group if you need to either test the recipe, or apply custom CSS to some page in the group. See the recipe page for the current configuration.
Skins and recipes reviewed and/or updated and marked compatible with PHP 7.2
- BreakPageList display a pagelist in smaller slices and display navigation links by HansB
- Cluster Group-clustering recipe. by Kathryn Andersen
- CommentBoxPlus Simple styled form to post comments, plus comment counter by AntonyTemplier
- FileList Tabulated filelist markup as alternative to
(:attachlist:), for a simple, easy readable look. by HansB
- GuiButtons add guibuttons to any textarea edit box by
- HandyTableOfContents Handy Client-side Table of Contents by Kathryn Andersen
- ImportTabTable import and convert tab table to simple table markup quickly. by HansB
- IncludeUrl Include html pages into PmWiki 2.x pages by
- PITS The PmWiki Issue Tracking System by Petko
- PowerTools markup expressions for multi page processing incl. plist, pagelist, rename, pagecount, wordcount, trail, serialname, serial, newticket, sumdata, allptvs, random by HansB
- RedirectMap create short urls for redirects using mapping similar to intermap by HansB
- SerialPageNames Markup expressions to create serial page names by HansB
- Tagger Easy tagging into multiple category groups. by Kathryn Andersen
- FixFlow Highly configurable skin with many color-schemes, plus optional RightBar, plus fixed or flowing SideBar, on left or right by HansB
- Gemini Highly configurable skin with many color-schemes, plus optional RightBar by HansB
(total: 15 pages)