01026: Site.AuthUser does not work, SiteAdmin.AuthUser does in 2.1.27

Summary: Site.AuthUser does not work, SiteAdmin.AuthUser does in 2.1.27
Created: 2008-05-19 17:48
Status: Closed - not a bug
Category: Bug
Priority: 2
Version: 2.1.27
OS: Sorry, no idea

Description: I spent a lot of time trying to get AuthUser to work according to the (very confusing) documentation. Turns out that in 2.1.27 where Site.AuthUser should be the page that's used, logins require the information on SiteAdmin.AuthUser or they don't work. I guess it's just a problem of the exact code that went into that version, I am considering updating to the beta since it seems more stable than the stable version. :-)

I spent some time looking at the 2.1.27 version the fact is that it uses the page '$SiteGroup.AuthUser' where $SiteGroup can be defined by the wiki admin, or is "Site" otherwise. So possible reasons for your problems could be that you changed the $SiteGroup variable in your config.php, or that you have files copied from a newer release into your 2.1.27 installation. At any rate, this is not a PmWiki bug in version 2.1.27 or any later version, like the current stable series (2.2.5). --Petko October 03, 2009, at 06:29 AM