00562: Use whitespace to indicate nested paragraphs
Description: Currently there's not a good way to nest paragraphs or other markups inside of lists (especially ordered lists).
This extension is planned for the 2.1 core (depending on votes above), however a question is whether the whitespace indents should be enabled or disabled by default.
- I say disabled by default. if so, my vote might go from a 1 to a 2 Waylan
- I think, this is very important. My vote: 5 st
- Disabled or enabled... all I know is that I'll definitely have it enabled by for all my sites.
- I'd certainly use it much of the time. It moves the markup more in the direction of markdown, which aims to have a markup that looks good and is readable even when seen in its raw state. I'd like to be able to use the wiki page sources as plain text from time to time.
- I like this and think that it should be enabled by default, but it is scary. How many existing pages would get messed up by this? Is there a good way to install on a site and see what differences it causes (using wget and diff or something)? Has anyone done this to their site?
- I upgraded to the latest pmwiki. How is this turned on?
- It might be necessary to disable text wrapping in the textarea while editing to make this significant whitespace more apparent
- The WSIndent page is broken, possibly due to the 2.0.13 upgrade?
Yes, it's now fixed, it broke due to the 2.1.beta1 development. And I went with the approach given on Test.WSIndent2. --Pm
- I had to abandon ordered lists in some pages due to lack of this feature; I am in favor of it being on by default.
It's going to be enabled by default.