PmWeekly, July 31, 2017
July 31, 2017, at 09:55 PM (0 comments)
Update for PmWiki activity July 24 - July 31, 2017: new core release, 4 recipes updated, discussions about recipes, cookbook bug reports and patches.
PmWiki 2.2.100 and 2.2.101 were released (July 30, 2017)
- 2.2.100: This version provides a workaround for an incompatibility with our Subversion version control system, where the
$Authorwiki variable was considered a Subversion variable. A fix for the responsive skin adds some spacing above the WikiText block. The documentation was updated.
- 2.2.101: This version renames the internal constructor of the PageStore class to be compatible with both PHP 5 and PHP 7. Previously, the PageStore class had two constructors for PHP 4 and PHP 5 compatibility of which one was silently ignored, but recent PHP 7 versions display strict or deprecated notices when the PHP 4 constructor is present. If you must use PmWiki 2.2.101 or newer on a PHP 4 installation, please contact me so I can provide you with a workaround.
On the mailing list:
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- Ape: Automagical PmWiki Embed (Embed videos, maps, documents, and more in wiki pages) by Petko : Add embedding of source code snippets from Pastebin.
- B3 blog (Easy to install and use wiki blogging system) by Petko : Add $B3['DefaultText'], it is now possible to have the default text template written in a wiki page or section.
- PTVPopups (Create CSS popups over words on a page based on PTVs) by Ccox : Optimizations suggested by Petko.
- VideoAttach (Handles Attach: videos, provides a video directive and optional support for popular Video Upload sites.) by Ccox : Fixes for raw link handling especially when contained inside video markup. Defaulting now to preload.
- AjaxEditSupport-Talk (Adds a wikipage/attachment/category AJAX browser to Edit pages) by Petko : How to update the Markup calls for PHP 5.5 and 7.2.
- EditAttributes-Talk (Edit a page's title, description and other attributes using separate EditForm fields) by bhoc : Added FAQ on how to delete pages with this recipe.
- Galleria-Talk (Convert lists of images into a panel of clickable thumbnails, or a scrollable carousel of clickable thumbnails, without requiring a page reload.) by DavidASLAN? : Added questions about the captions.
- PageGenerationTime-Talk (Display page generation time) by Petko : How to update the Markup calls for PHP 5.5 and 7.2.
The following recipes have been requested for review and update for PHP 5.5: Count Glyphs-Talk, CSS Tool Tips To Go-Talk, CSV Include-Talk, Escaped Markup-Talk, Expanding Menu-Talk, Expanding Menus-Talk, Goal Meter-Talk, Include Site-Talk, Make Columns-Talk, Rye Voting-Talk, Thick Box-Talk,