PmWeekly, July 24, 2017
July 24, 2017, at 09:30 PM (0 comments)
Update for PmWiki activity July 17 - 24, 2017: documentation, internationalization, 4 recipes updated, discussions about security, cookbook bug reports and patches.
Subversion changes to the core
Change log. You can get the latest, yet unpublished PmWiki code from Subversion or download as a ZIP archive.
- The documentation was updated, see below.
The documentation about conditional markup, passwords and WikiStyles was updated to insist that
(:if:) conditionals and the
%comment% wikistyle should never be used to hide secrets.
The German documentation was updated. You can download it here.
On the mailing list:
- A thread about configuring a numeric sort order for page variables.
In the PITS: PmWiki Issue Tracking System (please comment, vote):
- 01412 (PmWiki.org integrated developer platform) E-mail Petko -> mailto:5ko [snail] 5ko [period] fr if you need to create a new WikiGroup on the wiki.
- 01417 (Debate security warning in ConditionalMarkup) The documentation was updated.
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- Ape: Automagical PmWiki Embed (Embed videos, maps, documents, and more in wiki pages) by Petko : Add embedding of SVG, SWF and HTML5 audio/video, documentation updated.
- CustomPagelistSortOrderFunctions (Custom functions for creating custom page sort orders with pagelists) by Petko : Add section with custom function to sort on page variables alphabetically.
- InstallOnIIS10 (Install PmWiki on Windows 10 and IIS 10) by Simon : Update page about configuration via IIS Manager.
- ThumbList² (A thumbnail picture gallery for PmWiki) by Petko : Note about international characters and spaces in uploaded files may or may not work correctly with Thumblist.
- PTVPopups-Talk (Create CSS popups over words on a page based on PTVs) by MartinCuno? : A bug report for "Preview mode" and a workaround.
- Svg-Talk (Embedding Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG) into PmWiki pages) by Petko : The addon Ape was updated to embed SVG pictures.
- ThumbList-Talk (A thumbnail picture gallery for PmWiki) by Petko : International characters and spaces in uploaded files may or may not work correctly with Thumblist. A specific
$UploadNameCharssetting with UTF-8 enabled appears to work with international characters.