Testing and development of pmwiki-mode
Check out the new version of PmWiki-mode.
The download-links below point to development-archives, that include some additional files. At the time of writing this, the archive contains the following additional files:
testWikiPage- a test-file in wiki-format. It is sometimes useful to open this file in Emacs and do
testing-pmwiki.el- small pieces of lisp code for testing.
make-archive.sh- script for assembling the archive.
- PmWikiMode - The "main" page for PmWiki-mode.
- TestColors - a test-page intended to be opened in Emacs to test the color markings.
- WikiSandbox - a sandbox dedicated to be played with from within Emacs.
- PmWikiModeChanges - list of changes between release
The releases below are the development versions of the archives, i.e. with some extra files. Also see PmWikiModeChanges.
Christian: Since I primarily designed this mode for working with the Lyx Wiki, I don't really plan to implement more features. However, if I receive nice and concise bug reports, I might try to fix them :-)
LukStafi: I'm working currently on my "branch" of pmwiki-mode.
- only supports
[[ ... ]]links but does it well, including anchors
- `mmm-mode' multi-mode support
- using url package on emacs 22 (which supports authentication, https and more), with augmented support for redirections
- menu with table of contents (and soon table of pages)
Pages about new mode:
- Installing PmWiki for new mode
- new mode Bugs And Features
- Download new mode
- new mode News And Roadmap
Limitations, known problems and bugs
Add bugs below... and send a mail to the maintainer. Also see PmWikiModeChanges.
- Sometimes follow-link (C-c C-g) "hangs" inside the function thing-at-point-looking-at(). I have no idea why this happens, and after a while the problem might just disappear. ... actually, this seems to happen when there are links that are to compliated, see PmWikiModeBugCompliatedLink
- There is no mechanism for preventing collisions, i.e. two people may be editing the same page and therefore overwrite the other persons changes when saving.
- It is not possible to edit password-protected pages
Adding Basic Authentication to pmwiki-mode
One drawback is that
pmwiki-reload will not work with passwords.
You can now open pages which are password protected with (
Where username is not used in PmWiki.
Saving pages does not work in 1.4-pre2 (patch included)
I was not able to save pages with pmwiki-mode 1.4-pre2. It worked after I changed the parameter list constructed in pmwiki-default-save-function from
(list (cons "pagename" pagename) (cons "action" "post") (cons "diffclass" diffclass) (cons "author" pmwiki-author) (cons "text" (buffer-string)))
(list (cons "n" pagename) (cons "action" "edit") (cons "diffclass" diffclass) (cons "author" pmwiki-author) (cons "text" (buffer-string)) (cons "post" "post"))
I think you have to patch it this way, since the PmWiki.ChangeLog says "Changed ?pagename= to ?n= for urls" for Version 2.0.beta8 (13-Dec-2004). And, according to PmWiki.AvailableActions, there is no action called post.
Regards, Christoph Lange, July 14th 2005