01355: pmwiki skin line height
One, very little think, you could do to make the default pmwiki skin look more modern,
it would be to increase the line height for the standard text.
From 1.33em to something like 1.5em (22px).
The default skin was built after a lot of work and testing in different browsers, and more recently even the simplest changes were refused. At any rate, you can add in the file pmwiki/pub/css/local.css your own CSS definitions which will override the default ones. --Petko 2014-10-26
Yes, of course, I am using a custom skin. But I was speaking about the default pmwiki skin.
Some improvements would make the "package" more appealing to someone who is just checking around, searching for a wiki.
And of course, bigger line height is an "improvement", because it makes the text easier to read.
But, why do we "pack", and press down the text?
Probably because of the cost of paper.
So, we used to use the least possible amount of space, between the lines.
It took us some years to realise, that there is no need for that in "electronic paper".
Just compare old websites, with modern ones (like www.kickstarter.com and github.com )
nikos? November 18, 2014, at 12:12 AM
I, just, also, noticed that small line height doesn't help when using a touch screen, and trying to click on a link, in pmwiki.org. You can increase the font size, of course. This improves the situation, but not enough.
(For the same reason, you should probably double the height of the "Save" (Save and edit", etc) buttons, in the edit box).
There... one more reason to increase the default line height !
nikos? April 26, 2015, at 08:56 PM
- 00546 PmWiki default skin - Scalable fonts
- 00615 Suggested default template changes
- 01265 New homepage and default skin ideas
- 01294 Suggestion for pmwiki.tmpl
- RoadMap Possible 'future states' for the next few releases of PmWiki
- Feuille de route
- Improving PmWiki road map Preliminary thoughts and discussion for PmWiki 2011 version 3?
- Releases 2.2.59 and 2.2.60 which effectively prevent the PmWiki default skin being changed