PmWeekly, July 17, 2017
July 17, 2017, at 10:03 PM (0 comments)
Update for PmWiki activity July 10 - 17, 2017: internationalization, one new recipe added and 7 recipes updated, discussions about custom markup, standalone wikis, cookbook bug reports and patches.
On the mailing list:
- A thread explaining the order of processing of custom markup rules, page variables and InterMap links.
- A revival of a very old thread about using a standalone or offline wikis on Android/iOS.
Cookbook (addons, modules, skins)
- PrintGroup (Export WikiGroup pages to one large HTML file, and/or to PDF) by Petko : Experimental (announcement). Demo export of the PmWiki group (PDF, 3 MB).
- AutoTOC (Unobtrusive Automatic Table of Contents links) by Petko : Fix bug when a heading contains some special characters.
- B3 blog (Easy to install and use wiki blogging system) by Petko : Many important changes in this version (mostly to simplify page creation and publication), and the documentation was updated. i18n: add "b3msg_author", "Publish', "Page name (optional)", "Date", modify "b3msg_newpost", "b3msg_draft", "RSS feed"; remove seconds to $B3['TimeFmt']; remove Status: attribute and $B3['EnableStatus'] (only dates in the future make the post Draft); change new post form and template to select page name, title and date, add $B3['NewPostDefaultDate']; add "Publish" link to draft post headers; add warning if no author name; convert all post and comment date stamps to the timezone and language/locale of the visitor.
- BackupHTMLZip (Export your wiki to static HTML then optionally compress/zip it) by Petko : Fix omission with filesystem permissions.
- HtpasswdForm (Form based management of users and passwords using
.htgroupfiles) by Dfaure : Correct version was updated.
- Mini (Simple, lightweight, un-bloated gallery with thumbnail generator) by Petko : Update for PHP7.2; fix omission with filesystem permissions.
- NotSavedWarning (Warn authors when they move away from a page without saving it; optionally request an edit summary or an author name) by Petko : Fix bug when a "Cancel" button is pressed, reported by Daniel Palmer.
- UserAuth2 (A user-based permission granting and authentication module) by DamienPalmer : Added an important note on how to override storing session data.
- GoogleCalendar-Talk (Embeds a Google Calendar in a PmWiki page) by DamienPalmer : A patch to make the recipe PHP 5.7 and 7.2 compatible.
- Svg-Talk (Embedding Scalable Vector Graphics (.SVG) into PmWiki pages) by Petko : A request was made to fix the compatibility issues between Ape Embed videos, maps, documents, and more in wiki pages and Svg. A pre-release of Ape is ready for testing embedded SVG pictures as well as HTML5 audio and video files without an external provider.