00873: Restore not possible if draft exists
Summary: Restore not possible if draft exists
Created: 2007-02-01 15:32
Version: 2.1.27 2.2.0-beta27
OS: Win XP Pro, Apache, Php 5
Description: Restoring an older version of a page is not possible if a draft version of that page exists.
- ?action=diff of a (non-draft) page offers "restore" links to bring back older versions
- this mechanism uses ?action=edit to review the version to be restored
$EnableDrafts=1 is set, ?action=edit always redirects to an existing draft version (EditDraft handler)
- so an old version of a page cannot be restored unless an existing draft is deleted
This behaviour is unexpected.
- If it's considered as a feature, the "restore" link should be inactive and labelled somehow like "restore impossible - publish or delete existing draft first".
- I think it should be possible to restore old version without touching an existing draft.
Checked with both current 2.1 and 2.2beta versions.