00019: $PageTitle doesn't always work right
Description: The $PageTitle variable is not always set correctly. The fix for this is likely impacted by Pm's decision of how to handle per-page variable substitutions.
This bug may have been circumvented by the new handling of invalid page names in PITS:00013. Thus I need examples/reports of places where $PageTitle isn't working properly before I can fix it. --Pm
I set my
$WikiTitle variable in local/config.php like this:
$WikiTitle = "Ricardo Cezar";
The title of my webpage look like this:
Ricardo Cezar - $HTMLTitle
Same Problem here with version 2.0:devil16.
I set my
$WikiTitle wariable in local/config.php too. (
$WikiTitle = "ApfelWiki.de";
I modified the myskin.tmpl in the html tag <title> replacing the existing $HTMLTitle with $PageTitle.
The title of the page looks like this:
ApfelWiki.de - $PageTitle
<title>$WikiTitle | $Groupspaced | $Titlespaced</title>
<title>$WikiTitle | $Group | $Title</title>
''If I'm right, and $PageTitle is no longer supported, then someone should make a note of this in the sections: Template Making, and Differences between version 1 & 2.
AFAICT, $PageTitle never existed in PmWiki 1--it was introduced in the early versions of 2.0.devel and then abandoned. So it probably shouldn't appear as a "difference" from version 1.
The correct mechanism for controlling the page title is now by placing a title tag into the page template itself.