Summary: Ampersand escapes are broken.
Created: 2007-10-06 08:54
Status: Closed - fixed for 2.2.0-beta64
Description: Sometime in the last dozen upgrades or so, ampersand escapes on HTML entities in wiki pages have broken. I only noticed this when looking at a page I wrote a long time ago, so its hard to say just what version broke this.
An example of the problem:
This used to work, and would render as:
Thus, the string '├' is rendered as '├'. And you have to write '&#x251C;' to get '├'.
I made a test page to demonstrate the problem (Test.Ampersand), although I suppose that was redundant as its obvious enough in this entry. Although double-escaping works on PmWiki, it doesn't on my site. I imagine thats an interaction between some recipe and this bug.