[pmwiki-users] Site map, or ordered page lists (Was: Home Pages in (:pagelist:)s)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Dec 15 18:54:03 CST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, H. Fox wrote:

>     MyGroup (<-- Link to MyGroup.HomePage or MyGroup.MyGroup)
>         AnExamplePage
>         Page
>         PageToo

It would excellent to have a method to generate a map like this. Since it
is looking like (:pagelist:) will be able to do this (eventually at
least), I feel it's time to raise the bar :-)

What if I'd (partially) would like to control the order in which the pages
appear in the map. Maybe the pages have a logical grouping for instance
and this is what I'd like:

	* MyGroup
	** ImportantPage
	*** RelatedToImportantPage
	** OtherPage
	** YetAnotherPage
	** SomeOtherPage

but I'd only like to write this markup (assuming teaser markup):

	T* [[MyGroup]]
	T** [[ImportantPage]]
	T*** [[RelatedtoImportantPage]]
	(:pagelist ??? teaser-anchor=teaser excluded-pages-from={$Name}:)

Here I've assumed that (:pagelist:) will exclude pages from its result
that have already been listead above.

What if we now assume that 'YetAnotherPage' and 'SomeOtherPage' happen to
belong to the same category? Maybe that's a good reason for them to be
sorted next to each other? Or perhaps we could have some kind of ordering
attribute for pages which is used to sort a listing as the above.

Hmm... maybe what I'd really like is the ability to dynamically generate
some kind of map based on categories... the difference to a site map would
be that the same page may appear several times. Ok, guess that's a topic
for some other time.

G'night
/Christian