Questions answered by this recipe
How can I embed PDF files in a wiki page? How can I embed files using Scribd in a wiki page?
Scribd supports embedding PDF documents from Scribd.com on a wiki page. Your pdfs can be uploaded to the Scribd website, and then embedded on your page. For more info on Scribd's viewer, visit http://scribd.com.
The most basic syntax is:
(:Scribd id=... key=...:)
Additional arguments are also available...
(:Scribd id=... key=... width=... height=... view=... page=...:)
- id - required - code located after "document_id="
- key - required - code located after "key-"
- width - default: 600
- height - default: 100%
- page - default: 1
- view - default: scroll - scroll, book, slideshow, or tiled
- custom_logo_image_url - add your own logo to the top - requires a full url
In addition, Replace-On-Edit Patterns (
$ROEPatterns) have been created for this recipe, so that visitors can simply copy-and-paste the embed code directly from the Scribd website, click save or save-and-edit, and have the code automatically converted to the appropriate PmWiki markup. If this is undesired, an admin can disable this in config.php by setting
$ScribdROEenabled to false.
- 2010-10-27 - initial release - overtones99
- GoogleViewer - Google's PDF viewer - pretty lo-res
- Flash - embedding other Flash players from other sites onto webpage
See Scribd-Talk - your comments are welcome here!