Questions answered by this recipe
- Is it possible to paste spreadsheet (Excel) or table (Word) data into a page?
The tabtable.zipΔ (or patched tabtable-2007-08-15.zipΔ) script converts spreadsheet data into simple PmWiki tables. (This script requires PmWiki 2.0.beta22 or later.) With this recipe installed, an author can simply
- open a spreadsheet application
- select the cells to be pasted and copy them to the clipboard
- edit a PmWiki page
- paste the clipboard contents into the page's text area
- press the "Excel" button that appears in the button bar at the top of the editing area
PmWiki will then convert the pasted data into a simple PmWiki table, ready for editing. Numeric cells are automatically right aligned, while other cells are left aligned.
To install this script, download and unpack the tabtable.zipΔ (or patched tabtable-2007-08-15.zipΔ) . The tabtable.php script should go in the cookbook/ directory, and the excel.gif file should go in pub/guiedit/. Then add the following line to a local configuration file (e.g., local/config.php) before the final "
- ImportTabTable import and convert tab table to simple table markup quickly.
- Text2Tbl Provide a way to convert arbitrarily structured text to table markup and provide conversion of simple tables to advanced.
- Tabulate Handles tab-delimited tables so you can cut and paste to and from spreadsheet applications
- Pm Original script
- RussFink Patch to make first row a header
- jtankers Patch for special characters, concise code and detect header row
See discussion at ExcelPaste-Talk