[pmwiki-users] Change in rendering behaviour of backticks

Steve Glover Steve.Glover at jisc.ac.uk
Fri Dec 1 04:17:37 CST 2017

Hi,

When I first started using PmWiki, I used  a whitelist to prevent mixed-case words turning into links (this made sense as it was a non-technical website that had very few such words).

Then, when I used PmWiki for a more technical site, we had an indeterminate number of CamelCase words so we started using backticks instead.

However, in recent weeks the backticks have started appearing in the site's content.

Is there a way, please, that we can keep the backticks to mark non-WikiWords but not have them render on screen?

Many thanks

Steve