[pmwiki-users] Problems showing long wikipages

Laurent Meister meister at apfelwiki.de
Wed Mar 12 11:24:47 CDT 2008

Am 12.03.2008 um 15:27 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:47:52PM +0100, Laurent Meister wrote:
>>   Am 12.03.2008 um 12:00 schrieb pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com:
>>     Laurent Meister a ?crit :
>>       Hello everybody,
>>
>>       we have problems with a very long page with a lot of
>>       tables: http://www.apfelwiki.de/Tests/WordAlternativenTest02
>>       Normaly the page contains two further sections, but if I add
>> them to
>>       the page above, they won't be displayed (nor saved I guess).
>>
>>     there is a module (php or apache, I don't remember - not pmwiki),
>>     security related that limits the lenght of any page
>>
>>   thx for this hint. This could be the reason. Does anyone has an
>> Idea which
>>   module is concerned?
>
> I don't know if this is the reason, but if it is, then you might
> want to look at
>
>    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Troubleshooting#mod_security
>
> It could also be that you're running a newer version of PHP that
> has some low limits for PCRE matching (which PmWiki uses quite
> heavily) that causes problem with long pages.  If so, you might
> try setting in local/config.php:
>
>    ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit', 1000000);
>    ini_set('pcre.recursion_limit', 1000000);
>
> Future versions of PmWiki will likely set this as the default.
>
> Pm

Thank you Patrick,

I just looked at my phpinfo, to know what modules are running. First
on our server we have Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) PHP/5.2.3 with
Suhosin-Patch DAV/2. The mod_security module is not activated.
However, I don't think that the problem is mod_security because as
mentioned on the troubleshooting page I should get an Errormessage
from the server. Instead of this i get no error message. The page is

I tried the second also, without any results.
ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit', 1000000); was already set in the
config.php. Adding the second line changed nothing.

Still a little confused...

Laurent