[pmwiki-users] passwords not working

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 22 16:34:38 CST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 10:30:06PM -0000, David Charles wrote:
>    Hello
>    i've set up a new website and i've installed the latest pmwiki etc etc but
>    the passwords are not working properly!
>
>    it is at www.bedamned.co.uk
>
>    i've set an admin password and a site-wide edit password in config - but
>    these work, at best, only occasionally - and most of the time any member
>    of the public can edit or do whatever they like!

Are you sure?  How can you determine if the public is able to edit?

I just tried accessing the site and was unable to edit pages --
it always prompted me for a password, at least for the pages I tried.

Keep in mind that once you enter the admin password into a browser,
you won't be prompted again for any passwords until logging out
(via ?action=logout) or completely closing all of the browser windows.

Pm