[pmwiki-users] Deleting or refreshing wiki pages

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue Mar 22 12:46:52 CST 2005

zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:

[Just giving a second opinion on the last two questions.]

> 4. Is there a way to 'refresh' a file if/when I replace a template?

There is no need to do a refresh. Changed templates will take effect
immediately.

You might have to write

   $EnableIMSCaching = 0;

in your config.php; that will cause PmWiki to send browsers a hint that
they shouldn't cache the page. (A non-issue for me. Reloading makes a
browser ignore the cached page, and if I want to be really sure, I hold
the control key depressed when reloading which causes the browser to
reload not just be page but all referenced data such as style sheets and
images. Note that changes in skins and PHP code are, from a browser
perspective, simply part of the main page, so a control-reload usually
isn't necessary.)

> 5. Would it make sense to rename pmwiki.php to index.php, so it is
> autodisplayed, or would that break the internal workings of pmwiki?

I have seen reports that renaming the start script will work. However,
this will break as soon as you upgrade to a newer version, so I
recommend sticking with Scott's recipe to write

   <?php include_once('pmwiki.php'); ?>

(A single quote is marginally better than a double one. Double quotes
will make PHP look for a $variable in the string and replace it with its
value. That's unneeded overhead here, so single quotes will do.)

HTH
Jo