[pmwiki-users] Re: Utility pages

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Jun 15 16:02:55 CDT 2005

Since we're discussing names and variables, can we have $HomePage too? It
recently seemed funny to see:

my.site.net/something/field/one/Main/HomePage
my.site.net/something/else/field/two/Main/HomePage
...and probably...
my.site.net/Main/HomePage
...if not...
my.site.net/index.html

normally, the home page is simply
my.site.net/

I suppose this was discussed already; would it get too complicated to get
HomePage to be a variable too, so I could say

my.site.net/something/FieldOne/Pages/General (ex-HomePage)
my.site.net/something/FieldOne/Pages/Search
my.site.net/something/else/FieldTwo/Elements/Intro (ex-HomePage)
...and probably...
my.site.net/Editable/HomePage
...all of which would not interfere with...
my.site.net/index.html

Of course, these are just URL icing, to make those addresses a little less
contrived.

pmwiki works (and looks) great as it is.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)