[pmwiki-users] search not working

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Dec 31 11:58:38 CST 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 04:45:18PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Okay. It seems pagelist parameters can be applied to
> (:searchresults:) in Site.Search, but not to (:searchresults:)
> anywhere else. And whatever is in Site.Search is the sitewide default,
> but can't be overridden on other pages. Perhaps this can be changed,
> to make searchresults truly useful?

Ah, I see what's happening now!  The problem isn't in
(:searchresults:) -- it's in (:searchbox:).

On http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/SearchResults, the searchbox
results in ?action=search, which (of course) is using Site.Search
to display the results and not the contents of the current page.

So, I see a couple of possible solutions:

1.  Add an option to (:searchbox:) to tell it which page
    (instead of Site.Search) to use to display search results.

2.  Modify ?action=search so that if the current page has
    a (:searchresults:) on it, then use it to display the
    search results instead of Site.Search.

#2 seems to be more intuitive to what authors and admins would
expect.  We could also do #1, just to provide even more flexibility.

Comments?

Pm