[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: stack overflow

blues blues4u at supereva.it
Wed Dec 21 03:20:34 CST 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:43:45 +0200, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> PmWiki already generates an absolute uri for redirect, unless
> the value of $ScriptUrl is set to not include the hostname.
> By leaving $ScriptUrl at the default, or using a value of $ScriptUrl
> that includes the hostname, the redirect lines will contain an
> absolute uri.

that's right, you are correct.
i set it with relative URI in my config.php in order to make it work
in both my development server and my public server.
i will search a workaround.
my personal opinion, though, is that in the html the URLs should be
relative while in the "Location:" header is the HTTP specification which
require it absolute. what do you think about it?

> Of course, this gets back to an earlier discussion about absolute versus
> relative path names in PmWiki, see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00526.
> When we resolve that it'll also resolve the issue in PITS #00619.

i missed this discussion, interesting i have to say.
by the way, i will add a note in the PITS #00526, as the examples provided
there do not take in consideration the server port which may not be the
default 80.

blues