[pmwiki-users] New page issues?

Mikael Nilsson mini at nada.kth.se
Tue Dec 20 14:16:46 CST 2005

tis 2005-12-20 klockan 19:31 +0000 skrev Mark Moorcroft:
> I am brand new to PMWiki and so far the setup has gone pretty smoothly. I am
> having an issue with adding new pages. According to the instructions I have
> edited the sidebar to add the page. It then appears in the list with a question
> mark beside it as expected. The trouble is that once some content is added to
> the page the question mark persists depending on what item in the sidebar is
> selected. It's as if you must re-enter the same same content several times to
> assure it appears relative to every other sidebar link.

I'd say this is a cache issue. Note the note below... from config.php

##  By default, PmWiki doesn't allow browsers to cache pages.  Setting
##  $EnableIMSCaching=1; will re-enable browser caches in a somewhat
##  smart manner.  Note that you may want to have caching disabled while
##  adjusting configuration files or layout templates.
$EnableIMSCaching = 1;                   # allow browser caching

So, hitting Shift-reload, or whatever the combination is on your browser
should do the trick. Or turning caching off in pmwiki until you are done
editing the sidebar.

I might be wrong, though.

/Mikael
--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose