[pmwiki-users] Help for Recent Changes function

Susan pmwiki at onebit.ca
Mon Dec 19 13:49:14 CST 2005

Still working on the skin.

I've noticed four different versions of Recent Changes, and would like to
know the differences.

1. Top of the default template.
  $[Recent Changes]
  </a> -

2. Bottom of the default template.
   $[Recent Changes]
   </a> -

3. Sidebar of www.pmwiki.org (not in default template, so I don't know the php)
   www.pmwiki.org/Site/AllRecentChanges
   (URL does not change with group.)

4. Sidebar of www.pmwiki.org (not in default template, so I don't know the php)
   www.pmwiki.org/Site/AllRecentChangesShort

(I'm guessing the only difference between 3 and 4 is the number of
changes listed.)

Also, how do I list the changes for the entire site, rather than a single
group?
a) on the sidebar (wiki markup)
b) on the template (php)

Thanks, Susan

PS The skin is being developed at www.onebit.ca/pmwiki, eventually to be
moved to www.cricket.onebit.ca . It's for a personal website rather than a
community; the edit and admin links are hidden beside the Last Changed info,
and editing is locked down tightly. The sidebar is in two parts:
The Site is the standard Site/SideBar, and Site Navigation is hard-coded
into the tmpl. I'm not sure if the RecentChanges function will replace
What's New, or be a tool reserved for the site owner.