[pmwiki-users] Re: Trails are our friends (was: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 63)

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Dec 15 18:29:52 CST 2005

On Friday, 16 December 2005 7:00 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
>> > I'd also like to suggest that teasers can be used to decided which
>> > paragraph is shown. IIRC, the teaser is either the first paragraph or the
>> > paragraph with an anchor ([[#teaser]]). This is very convenient.
>>
>> Sure.  What denotes the beginnings and ends of the
>"paragraph"?
>
>Let's ask the author... John?
>
>/Christian

A paragraph starts at the anchor, skips a newline immediately following
the anchor (if any) and goes either to the next newline or to an
invisible stop (`. markup). For example:

[[#teaser]]Teasers can be used to decide which paragraph is shown.

or:

[[#teaser]]
Teasers can be used to`. decide which paragraph is shown.

The invisible stop is normally, er, invisible ('`.' -> '').
--
JR