[pmwiki-users] Re: Blog proposal

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Thu Dec 15 15:14:17 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:55:30PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:45:46PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
> > >
> > > Not at the moment, although it could:
> > >
> > >     (:pagelist trail=TrailPage1,TrailPage2,TrailPage3 :)
> >
> >   Yikes, better not have any pages on more than one of these
> > trails. :)  What would be the natural order?  I guess for
> > blogs,  it would be dates; and you could strip out
> > duplicates.
>
> In the absence of any other details (an order= argument),
> the natural order of pages on trails is the sequence
> in the trail.  So a page on more than one trail would likely
> appear twice in the list (arguably this is correct).  But
> doing a sort or other filter can probably fix that.
>
> >   This still leaves the issue of marking up page which is
> > apart of more than one trail.  Have there been any thoughts
> > about either including DynamicWikiTrails for this, or some
> > other suggestion on how to do this nicely?
>
> You mean besides having multiple trail markups on the page?
> (This is my preferred solution.)

  Well that works nicely in some cases.  The disadvantage,
of course, being that a page author needs to know which
trails his page is going to be on when authoring his page.
This seems less likely when you start making trails eaily
aggregated such as in the example above.

  The aggregating author will probably not be the author of
the individual pages and it seems like a pretty heavy burden
on an aggregator to have to edit every page on his trail,
especially since his trail will be larger than the
individual trails he is aggregating.

  -Martin