[pmwiki-users] Re: Blog proposal

blues blues4u at supereva.it
Thu Dec 15 09:11:17 CST 2005

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:46:44 +0200, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> * Posting a blog entry is as simple as adding (:blog:) to the markup
>   of any page.  When a page containing (:blog:) is saved, that page
>   is automatically added to the blog trail page if it's not already
>   listed.  (The author must have write permissions to the blog trail
>   page.)

and the page name? any name will do?
maybe should have a page name prefix like Group.BlogPageTitle
where Blog is the prefix (configurable)?
but then what happens if (:blog:) is used in a page that doesn't
follow the scheme?
i know is always nice to have the maximum freedom... but i just imagine
a pagelist full of links where we don't know if belonging to a blog
or just normal wiki pages.

> * An author can use (:blog OtherBlogTrail:) to post the current page
>   to blog trails other than the default.

the post can go in the blogtrail of another group?
in that case the page can be in a Group1 but be part of a
blogtrail in Group2? quite confusing...

> * When displayed, a page containing a (:blog:) directive
>   automatically receives a blog header and footer, defined
>   either within the blog trail page or by Site.BlogTemplate.

Site.BlogTemplate means that it is the same for the whole site,
i would say better to be different for each blogtrail.

blues